Tuesday, March 08, 2005

 

Tired

When I get exhausted, everything seems a little bleaker. The piles seem higher, and the tasks associated with decluttering feel more daunting.

I am looking forward to going on vacation, but I also find myself concerned that I won't be able to "dejunk" during that time. I need to give myself permission to take a break.

It's a good sign I don't want to come home to a mess, but it's hard because I know that while I've made progress, there will still be unfinished things awaiting my return.

Talking to Ki yesterday reminded me that the cluttered phase of my life is temporary; I've been tidy, organized and without a lot of stuff in the past. And my environment will reflect that again. It just takes time, and the willingness to make decisions about what to keep and where to put it.

Perhaps I'll do a little internal decluttering on my trip, because as we all know, the inside and the outside tend to reflect each other. You can get rid of external chaos and experience more inner peace, and you can also do it the other way around.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?